The feel, texture, the colourful softness is so inviting.
I have thought about trying to do it many times but just hadn't gotten around to it.
Finally, while spending a day to myself wandering the streets of Victoria, I stumbled onto a store that grabbed my heart.
I spent hours chatting up the owner and eagerly learned the basics of felting.
I left elated, and I'm sure he was too when I bought half the store.
Once I got home, and poured the loot on the table, the girls were just as excited.
They chose their wools, I set up simple cork needles and away we went, a winter afternoon felting session.
It only took about 15 minutes.
Now I want to attempt a whole zoo!!
Using some lovely soaps from Lush, I wrapped them in hand dyed wool.
It felted quickly.
Each bar took about 10 minutes.
We have since used all our felted soups, but I do recommend getting one or making one for your self.
It is such a nice feeling to be scrubbed with wool in the tub.
No comments:
Post a Comment