Saturday, October 9, 2010

My First Grey Hair

I tried to crop this picture and do the fancy writing and circle it but the weather shut the computer off and I lost all my hard blog work.

Here is the un-cropped version so it is hard to see but yes in the middle there it is.
My first grey hair.
I found it glowing like a beacon atop my head yesterday, catching my eye, screaming my name.

I never gave it much though about how I would feel finding my first grey hair.
I actually was fine, proud even.
I am distinguished now.
In some ways anyways.

What to do now that I am going grey.
Me?
I grabbed my bucket list and started with something I have talked about for years.
I keep saying I want to do it but still haven't.

I am no stranger to hair adventure.
I have been fortunate enough not to have too many miss-adventures with all that I have done.
It has been every length, colour and style imaginable.
I feel that it grows back so have some fun with it.
I like to change with the seasons and something decorate it for the holidays.

But never have I bleached it all out and had it white.

Till tonight.
We knew it would take a while, 3 hours to be exact, to transform my short virgin, dark brown coiffe but my hair guru Kim at Raw Hair was ready to take on the challenge.

This missed the marked by miles.
I am holding a picture that has been on my billboard at my sewing centre for over 3 years and it is not quite what the first process accomplished.
Next level please.

Nor the second.
No peeking.

The third time stripped all the colour out and then Kim applied the magic colour serum.
YES!!!
I am now a white head.
Hah!! on you grey hair.
I beat you at your own game.

I am swooning over this, like you have no idea.
Drastic?...possibly.
Fun?....most definitely.
I see candy cane stripes for Christmas.

I can't wait to see what the kids think in the morning.
And because of my hair adventure, far be it from me to say no when the little ladies want to express their freedom of hair choices.

Go Girl!
E had her hair cut last week and simply hated it.
Then her sister said she looked like Ramona (the pest) and that was it.
She was having no part of it what so ever.
She was determined to have short hair.
I made her sit on it for 3 days to be sure and she was sure.
Sure enough to wake up in the middle of the night screaming "don't you see that I just want it short mom!!"
OK, I get it.
It so suits her.
Now we are the family of Mohawk ladies.
Boy what people must think of us!! He he.

No comments:

Post a Comment