Sunday, February 5, 2012

Living Raw Once Again

After a rather long hiatus from the RAW world I am back.
I sure have missed it.
I gained 30 plus lbs since I left over a year ago and am hoping to look and feel better pretty darn soon.
I have tried twice to get back but for various reasons it hadn't work.
I know it was because I didn't have my focus and will power.
I am focussed and my will power is iron clad now.
Bring it on.

Apart from the detox acne that has plagued me this week, ( hubby asked if I was hit with a buckshot) all is well.
My body is adjusting perfect and is really quite happy all in all.
Because this is the case and I am not all sick and stuff I am able to focus on my menu.

 A priority at all times is mylk.
I love my cold cereal with fruits and nuts but can't stomach it with juice.
Has to be mylk.
Chocolate even!
I made this batch with a mix of cashews, almonds and sunflower seeds.
Soak overnight, add dates, salt and fresh water, and blend.
So quick and easy and cheap.
Strain through a mylk bag and its good for up to 3 days in the fridge.

Here is my morning cereal of chai, buckwheat grouts, hemp seeds, coco nibs, gogi berries, sesame seeds and so much other goodness.
I add fresh or dried fruits depending on what I have on hand.

 There are few foods that I an buy anywhere other than a Raw restaurant.
This cheesecake from Rawthentic is my favourite.

 Here is my Chocolate Mousse (recipe below) that fools even the most seasoned fan.
Made with avocados and other Raw goodies, the girls happily gobble it up.

 Harmonic Arts is my haven for ingredients and snacks.
They were just getting off their feet last time round.
They have just opened a store front and I am so glad.

 Here are a few other snackies that I can actually grab on the go and instead of having to make everything.
This helps so I am not tempted in any way to break my will.

 Treats I always have on hand, in the car and at home, are flavoured seeds and nuts, trail mixes and kale chips.
 Dehydrated bananas are always perfect, anytime, anywhere.

Of course fruit roll ups.
These ones are apple and cinnamon.
Simple as blending up apples, spices and add a bit of water, pouring out on dehydrator sheets for an overnight drying.
 Don't forget the endless supplies of smoothies and juices I consume in a day/week.
These orange creamsicle(recipe below) are filling and super delicious.

Creamsicle Recipe
1 1/2 c. cashew soaked overnight
1c. orange juice
1 or 2 oranges peeled and cut up
1/4 agave syrup
2 Tbs coco oil
2 Tbs orange zest
Blend till smooth

Chocolate Mousse Recipe
2 avocados
2 Tbs cocoa butter
1/4 c. maple syrup
2-3 Tbs agave syrup
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp tamari sauce
1 Tbs vanilla
1/2 cocoa powder
Blend at low speeds till all combined the high for a minute or two.
Refrigerate overnight then serve.
Store in fridge, good for only a day maybe two if it can last that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment