Thursday, April 5, 2012

Red Flowers

Cut several rounds of red fabric, the kind that is silky, and sort of waterproof.
Sorry i am not certain as to the actual type.
Find a small candle as a heat source for melting edges.

Place fabric close to flame, just in the heat of it and edges will curl up nicely.

But too close and they catch fire and leave a wonderful black edging.

I may have burnt as many as I didn't but once all layered up the flowers looked pretty neat actually.

Sew them together with some black embroidery thread and your flower is ready.
I put one on a hat I had ready to send to my niece in Quebec.
Now thats a perfect hat so a styling 2 year old!!

Now what to do with the rest of them?


1 comment:

  1. awesome! Im gonna do this tomorrow, but maybe with different colored fabric. What a great way to spruce up all my random newsboy caps!

    ReplyDelete