I freaked at the potentials!!
Lucky for me old friend of mine owns a bike store.
He willingly gave me a huge box of blown tubes destined for the trash.
I see a whole lot of rubber projects in my future!!
First I cut them open and cut out the valve stem.
I washed and rinsed a few to get the white smelly powder off,
Then hung them on the line to dry off.
(The smell is almost all gone.)
I had no real plan but knew that something would take shape once I started sewing.
After a couple broken needles testing out how thick I could go, I got a good grasp on it.
I decided I would sew a simple clutch first.
Something I could use right away and a project to showcase the potentials!!
I am so happy and bursting with ideas!!
This is the start of a long love affair with re-using rubber.