Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dragonfly, Fly Away

The lowly toilet paper roll gets yet another life.
There seems to be no end to what can be done with this recyclable marvel.
Today I found an idea, and was rather proud of it....lol.

The Dragonfly..
I drew out what I thought would be good dragonfly dimensions and cut it out.
(Only after I cut it out did I realize that I could have cut the roll in half to draw on it).

Once cut, it held the curved shape enhancing the buggy effect.

Then glue and glitter till your little hearts content.

I found this craft great on all levels; cheap, quick, good for most ages and pretty to show off when done.
Enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea!
    I'll have to make some with my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO doing this! I've been looking for crafts that can be done by very beginning crafters (think toddler)and still be fun for more experienced (9 year old) crafters. This one will definitley be added to our short list :) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. next week is D week and i want to do this! now to gather enough tp rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally awesome! I used to live in BC - I grew up in Summerland and went to UBC for 6 years. Now, I am in Ontario. Kinda wish I was back in BC!

    Love the dragonflies. Great!

    Tricia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful! What a fun and pretty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you via the Crafty Crow. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love paper tube crafts and will definitely try this with my girls.

    ReplyDelete