K spent an hour playing with a banana slug and trying her hardest to gross out her sister and the neighbour boys.
She never managed to scare them but they were all defiantly grossed out at the amount of slime she has on her fingers.
So that turned into a whole other game.
I silently thought that the slug got the worst of it but once I saw K's hands I realized that was not the case.
We were in for a 20 minute cleaning ordeal.
This is what we found out today:
1. Slugs are slimy and use this as a defense, so the more you handle them the more you get slimmed
2. Water only exacerbates the situation as it creates a reaction and makes the slime worse.
3. Butter or mayo, which I often resort to for sap in the hair or on the hands, does not work at all
4. Finally in desperation I found out online that Borax is the only solution
5. After 5 minutes of dry scrubbing, we now know that Borax really does work
Now whenever the kids decide to man-handle those slimy critters I will not fret.