Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What a Week

It has been an amazing week since I last posted.
I hope all you amazing mothers had a spectacular day all about you and your wonderfulness.
My day/weekend was full of love and attention and I have to admit I basked in it.


I couldn't ask for more really, a supportive, sexy and always adoring husband. Two children that each and every day remind me of the beauty and serenity of youth, who are my sole purpose for my days, and have filled my heart beyond anything I ever could have imagined.
I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer at K's school on Friday and help with a Mother's Day Tea.
The teacher is so ambitious and wonderful. She had the kids make cards, necklaces and place mats for each setting. They prepped all the stuff for strawberry shortcake and made teas and cookies as well.
When they sang out a song they had wrote I felt that familiar tug in my throat as I was so overcome by joy and admiration.
Thank you Mrs. Fox.

We went to Victoria for our annual visit and shopping trip.
I absolutely love it there, it is most definitely my second home. I love to walk down through the streets and take in the sites and sounds that remind me of so many great visits before.
The kids have come to savour our time there as well, with great expectations that seem to be surpassed each time. This time we were able to hit the museum and went to the Walking with Dinosaurs show.
I had no trouble finding many great deals and I came home with my hands full of new treasures. Teeheehee!


I have many great projects on the go and am madly trying to get them all done. I have so many items cut out and ready to sew but have yet to find the time to complete them.
Here are a couple I have gotten to recently.
A few months ago in a local store I saw some great dresses for sale and I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 for them (sorry Sheri and Kristina).
Not that they are overpriced by any means, it's just I knew I could make them myself....and so that is what I did.


I was so desperate for some colour and sun a while back I took on any project I could find that would brighten our world. The best part is that they will continue to brighten for many days to come.

Now the weather has changes the focus is on the yard and we have been busy. Yesterday a friend has us over to help her dig up an overrun strawberry and raspberry patch in a house she just bought.
We got to keep whatever we dug up.
I now have a box of raspberry shoots and 2 bucket of strawberry plants that need to be planted, and although they do not like to be moved at this time of year, they will have to wait till tomorrow.
With all this rain my garden has been so happy.
Mind you so have the weeds.
Now starts the endless battle of weeding and my idea of a garden versus the weeds idea of home.
Thank you for reading this long post today and I hope you have a wonderful afternoon.










No comments:

Post a Comment