Friday, May 15, 2009

Score at the Thrift Store

I love a good deal.
But I really love the scavenging for a good deal at the thrift stores.
I feel like I have won when I find something that is super useful or that I have been looking for forever.
I am especially pleased when I find a treasure that brings back memories of my youth.
Or something that is truly vintage hidden in a corner, just waiting for me to buy it.
I revel in other peoples old stuff that they no longer want that inspires me to be creative and crafty.
Today I found all of the above.
Oh how lucky am I.
OK some of you may think..she'd cuckoo!
But I am so delighted I wanted to share just some of it with you.
Of course I put all the funky fabrics and clothes into the wash before I took photos, maybe another day.

I think that it is so interesting to find the quirky retro books and old sewing supplies.

The prices just kill me.

The patterns are a hoot.

I cannot wait to make some of these patterns with the great new fabrics I just got. I'll post whatever I end up making this weekend on Monday.

Happy weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I might actually be tempted to get my sewing machine out and sew (and I have a nice machine!) if I had cute little girls and funky patterns like that......FZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thrift store shopping too. Whenever I have a break from work I like to browse and "find" things but also thoughts and feelings. Sarah I love hillbilly jillies....I wonder where you find the time! (K and E are very blessed to have a mother like you) Love Michele

    ReplyDelete