Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lovely Days

I thought I would take a quick minute to share as J and the kids take some time from the day to read a chapter from the Spiderwick Chronicles.

J came home and it has been a fabulous weekend. The sun shone brightly but the wind was incredibly chilling.

There are definatly signs of spring everywhere. The garden and greenhouse are bursting with green buds. I can already taste the freshness to come.


We volunteered at the Earth Day festivities at Simms Park at the Our Big Earth craft booth and had a ton of fun. K was the ubber volunteer, I am so proud of her.

K had soccer in the afternoon. I love how she runs around the field in an excited prance, a wide smile telling the world her pure joy of playing.

Afterwards we spent the rest of the day in the yard and had a group of our friends and babes over for a BBQ and we experienced our first bonfire in the new firepit. Perfect summer times.


My most frivilous purchase was made this weekend and I actually had heartburn from my remorse. No mistaking it is an indulgance I will forever enjoy and it has been glued to my eyes all morning.

Yes a new camera. A nikon D90. I am thrilled.

My life looks so much better through the lense of a great camera.

Now i just need to learn how to use it properly. I must register for a class soon.

I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon sewing a few gifts for my friends and a gift for a friends baby's first birthday. I think a skirt is in order.


K is going to the matinee with Nana and the cousins and J and E are putting the finishing touches on the turkey house.

Perfect day.


No comments:

Post a Comment